- Flea Market from 8am to 2pm – Enjoy local crafts, as well as a flea market right on Mission Street
- Parade at 11am – This year’s Sagebrush Days Parade will include a ‘fly by’ from the War Birds to start off the parade!
The day will also feature….
- Salsa Contest and Tastings from 10am to 12pm– What can be better
- Apple Pie Contest at 12pm – Join this year’s traditional apple pie contest! Bring your homemade apple pie to enter contest. Entries in by 10:45am and contest with tastings will be at 12pm.
- Chicken Patty Bingo at 1pm – Time for bingo! But not just any bingo, this one involves chickens. This will be like no other bingo game you have played! Don’t miss it!
- Quick Draw at 12pm – What Sagebrush Days would be complete without Quick Draw? Starts at High Noon!
- “Hit’n'Miss” Antique Engines - featured on East side of Mission ST
- Lions Club Rib and Tri-Tip BBQ – Enjoy delicious Lions Club BBQ
- Dutch-Oven Chili - Native Sons of the Golden West host their famous “Dutch-Oven Chili” on corner of 12th & Mission. Too good to miss!
There are also expenses that arise that include maintaining benches, watering system, soil needs, and plant replacement. Thus the Chamber has started a new fund: " Downtown Landscape Maintenance and 'Bench' Fund". As a part of that fund, they are asking for individuals, groups, organizations, and businesses to make a donation of any
Hesperia Hall “Annual Chicken BBQ and White Elephant Sale” will be . Food is served at our historic hall and includes chicken, beans, salad, French bread, coffee, lemonade and homemade desert of choice. Soft drinks and water available for additional purchase. Price for adults is $10. , kids aged 6-12 $5., and free for children under 6. Following meal will be a “White Elephant Auction” of local treasures. Auctioneers provide a great show full of fun and humor. Great package deals too! At this event we unveil and sell tickets for annual raffle quilt, showcasing countless hours of handcraft by our community’s expert quilters. Please join us for a great time! www.hesperiahall.com for directions (interlake road to Bryson-Hesperia Road, follow Bryson-Hesperia Road approx 2 miles to the hall)
Or contact HCW founder, Susan Schwartz at 368-5702 - www.HeavenCanWait.us
Date: Monday, May 5, 2014
Location: Trinity Lutheran Church, 940 Creston Road, Paso Robles
Social Time begins at and the general meeting begins at . Seven accomplished local quilters will present a trunk show Cost: Free
For further information about the guild, check out our website www.almondcountryquilters.org.
Interested in being involved? Attend next meeting on:Tuesday, May 6 6 pm at the Park. Would like to open in June but need help to make that happen. All interested are welcome.
- Be involved in helping your community. Come and lend a hand.
San Miguel Firefighter Association's
Clean up Day
8 am - full
X Hazardous wastes /materials like paint, oils, chemicals, tires,
vehicle batteries, etc
WHAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT
X Commercial garbage or commercial construction waste
X Green waste materials such as tree cuttings, grass, bushes, leaves, etc.
WHAT WE WILL ACCEPT
Large household items such as furniture, mattresses ($10 fee for each), and generally things that won’t fit into your regular garbage can
Metal items such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers, scrap metal of any kind
SMALL batteries and electronic items such as TV’s, VCR’s computers, monitors, stereos, etc.
Donations are appreciated to help cover dumping fees
All donations should be addressed to : SMFA Cleanup Committee